Could you be a Covid Champion?
Do you want to help people stay safe and support your local community or organisation to respond to and recover from the Covid-19 pandemic? We are looking for Community Covid-19 Champions to help share information and help us develop our response to the virus in the future.
• You can get involved as much or as little as you like- the minimum requirement is to attend one virtual information session of approximately one hour long which is run by local people with a medical background. It’s run on Zoom online, but you can also take part on the phone. As of April 2021, these sessions will also include information about how organisations and workplaces can open up safely.
• Receive the latest information, updates and advice about Covid-19 via email or post.
• Share this information with your work colleagues, family, friends, or other people in your community however you want to.
• Let us know what is and isn’t working, or what barriers you encounter, so we can make sure we respond together in the way that will work best for each community or organisation.
• Access to fortnightly optional support meetings with our friendly team to ask questions, get further advice and provide feedback.
We can also run a bespoke Covid Champion training sessions with your group or organisation/workplace too at your meeting or as the roadmap allows, in person. So if your orgnisation, community centre, faith group, crafting group, campaigning group etc would like to take part, get in touch and we can arrange for one of our trainers to run a session at a time that suits you.
With accurate local information and a wider understanding of Covid-19, together we can help empower people with the information they need to protect themselves, their family, friends and work mates.
To register to become a Community Covid-19 Champion please click here or contact CovidChampions@vsialliance.org.uk / 07495 049459. Once registered, a selection of training dates will pop up (current schedule every first Thursday of the month at 7pm, and every third Monday of the month at 10am but more can be added) or contact us if you prefer to arrange a bespoke session.